

On Friday night, Matthew, my brother David and I had dinner with the grandparents at Green Gables. Then we went to see Rockestra perform at the Orpheum. They were awesome! (Minus the really bad speaker system.) Who knew we had so many great performers in Siouxland? I think my favorite singer was Amy Linder. She really rocked out to "Right Now" by Van Halen, but the best song the band played was "Smooth" by Santana. The percussion section really stole the show on that number. And, "Love Shack" was a ton of fun with costumes and the great blend of voices.
Then on Saturday, Matt went to an auction and I went to a salad luncheon for Miss Lauri's sorority. It always has great food--I love the dessert table! Mom and I attended along with Matt's mom then we took Grandma shopping to the mall.
On Sunday, I had a honey-do list waiting for Matthew, so we went to coffee with his parents and took pop cans to HyVee. Then we spent the whole afternoon outside. We hung up Christmas lights and mowed the yard. I cleaned out my car and Matt winterized the yard. We even fired up the grill and made hamburgers-yum-o!
I hope the nice weather continues through December. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment