Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Little Green Pouch (Review)

When Graham was born I still had not decided if I was going to make all of his baby food or purchase pre-made food. But, I am so glad I talked to some friends and realized how easy it is to make baby food. (Thanks Kellee and Samantha!) I literally take the food, put it in the immersion blender jar and blend! It's so easy and you can do all kind of combinations.

DSCN4453

This worked well for about 4 months, but during this last month Graham has become more independent and wants to feed himself some of the time. That is why I was so excited that I was sent some samples to do a review for Little Green Pouch! (http://www.littlegreenpouch.com/)

Little Green Pouch is a reusable food pouch that I can fill with any of my food combos and Graham can feed himself. It works just like the pouches sold at stores, but I can easily wash it out and fill it up again. It saves money and is good for the environment.

For my first puree I mixed blueberries and bananas. Graham loved it! (Next time I might not use blueberries since they can stain and he made a HUGE mess!) He can hold the pouch easily and suck out all the yummy goodness inside without making a huge mess. (Notice I said huge mess here....meaning when it does not contain blueberries.)

DSCN4455

I gave one of these to my friend Rebecca and she did not like the pouches, because of the clean-up. But, I like that they are dishwasher friendly or I can easily rinse the pouches out with some soap and water and let it air dry before refilling.

I am glad two moms came together to make a great product that is good for the environment! Thanks Little Green Pouch!I plan to purchase more of these and give as gifts to friends with little babies!

More recipe ideas for the Little Green Pouch
Pears and Sweet Potatoes with cinnamon
Peas and Blueberries with cinnamon
Squash and peaches
Pumpkin and plain yogurt with cinnamon
Yogurt and any kind of fruit

**All opinions are 100 percent my own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! This post makes me think I should give it another try with Gianna. I tried it with a two year old and it just doesn't hold enough to be worth it for his snack. However, she is not eating much yet and I bet the pouch would be the perfect serving size. What a timely post! Thanks, Sarah!